Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wireless Network Laser Printer How Do I Connect A Laser Jet 4050 Hard-wire Printer To A Wireless Network?

How do I Connect a Laser Jet 4050 hard-wire printer to a wireless network? - wireless network laser printer

I have a Netgear wireless router, desktop links, my sister and my father's office as well as Ethernet cable. The same router connects to my laptop and Mrs. Wi-Fi and network through a wireless connection.

I wanted to use a laser Jet 4050 printer to my laptop, but the printer will not work wireless capabilities. I did not associate a tough game link cable directly to the printer to my laptop, or printer has an Ethernet interface for direct connection to the router.

So my question is, how the office of my father, the computer (that the Laser Jet 4050 printer-hosts) to print over the wireless network from my laptop?

* All computers are connected via the same router and network *

2 comments:

Denver Al said...

This printer has mentioned using a USB port as Tommy. It has a serial port and one parallel port, optional slots. There are two options to the printer on your network.

One is to the computer of your father, for all the shares (go to Start, select Settings, then click Printers and Faxes. Right click on the printer and select Sharing and configure). This requires running the host computer, but if someone wants to print.

The other, which I recommend, and will generally work better is an HP Jetdirect card (615n and 620n buy as the best way to work, however, 600N or 610N as well. Search the internet) some great deals and reinstall the printer (setup with a host name or fixed IP address), which can then directly to the router to a wired network, and each can be connected to the printer at any time and without the necessity of shares a computer to print.

Best of luck.

Tommy S said...

You can connect to any computer and use simple file and printer. This is a USB printer, if I remember correctly?

Or place a print server wirelessly. The problem. cost between $ 39 to $ 79 or less. And do not ask on the PC on which it is left attached.

Post a Comment